Thread: Game of Thrones
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 08:21 AM   #984 (permalink)
BlackZeda
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 19 Audi TT RS
BlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmike2780 View Post
I really hope GRRM get's his butt into high gear and finish writing Winds of Winter.

That episode was kind of slow and all over the place....and way too many naked dude screen time.
GRRM doesn't give a flying f**k what his fans and readers hope or want.

Have to vehemently disagree with your assesment on these points off the top of my head:

1) We were introduced to the Sons of the Harpy
2) Hizdahr zo Loraq is becoming more of a prominent character
3) We got to see the dragons
4) Sansa is becoming a much more interesting character
5) The return of Lansel
6) That conversation between Tyrion and Varys

A LOT of meaningful pieces on the chessboard were set for what I am sure will be a great season.

GOT is all about good character and story development and having that many story arcs will require at least a couple episodes of exposition...that is usually the first and last episodes of the season. The delayed gratification and anticipation are the things I love the most about the show.

There were a couple events that have created major implications as to how the books and the show are diverging:

( Click to show/hide )

1) Varys did not go to Pentos with Tyrion, so maybe we aren't introduced to "Young Griff" this season at all
2) With the (I assume) real death of Mance an entire story arc (which hasn't progressed too much even in the books) has been cut out

I can't wait to see what Arya is going to be up to next episode!
BlackZeda is offline   Reply With Quote