View Single Post
Old 04-15-2015, 10:28 AM   #1089 (permalink)
AntiVenom
Track Member

Drives: 2011 KAD 6MT
AntiVenom has a spectacular aura aboutAntiVenom has a spectacular aura aboutAntiVenom has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merv View Post
20" with 265's huh. I would think you would be ok,especially with coil overs. With 19" and dropped 1" there's still a lot of wiggle room with the wheel turned. Are you worried about the fender rubbing or the inner liner? From the sounds of it,you feel ok about it. Your just looking for reassurance. I'm sure somebody will jump in with a similar set up.
Guys run way wider tires up front,so I don't think inner rubbing is an issue,your just wondering about that extra 1/2" in height. I think you'll be ok man.
Thanks for the response.

You are spot on, it's that extra diameter that worries me. The concern being, rubbing the fender liner either over bumps or in sharp low-speed turns (i.e. parking lots and around town). I am comfortable with the inner clearance, and I feel the offset is conservative enough to clear the fender at 2* of camber.

However, the interesting thing, and the reason I posted in this thread, is that most guys seem to opt for a super low profile in the front (either skinny 35profile or wider 30profile). Even when their ride height hasn't been lowered all that much. Something like a 275/30r20 leaves you with virtually no sidewall. Which made me ask the question: Why would you opt for a ultra low profile tire? To my mind there are only one reason to go that low profile... fitment. At least, that's what got me paranoid and posting here.

Anyway... if I don't get anyone with a similar setup I will probably just bite the bullet and do it.

Last edited by AntiVenom; 04-15-2015 at 10:33 AM.
AntiVenom is offline   Reply With Quote