View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 12:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
JeepGuy
Base Member

Drives: Wrangler Rubicon Unl
JeepGuy is on a distinguished road

The newer revision of the X5 is pretty sharp, especially along the headlight lines. The X6 is visually interesting, but nearly every motoring journalist has decried it as an answer to a question that nobody has asked.

The x5 has the handling and power to really be amazing, Fifth Gear had a number of gushing reviews on it awhile back, they are worth the download. As well, the Porsche Cayman may be an option. The older ones look a bit odd imho, but the newer GTS is really sharp, and is pretty good as a soft-roader as well. The VW Tourag offers the same chassis for less green as well.

The Range Rover or Range Rover Sport both have the same 'posh' factor going for them, and more than enough utility for most folks. I'd say it is more of a connoisseur's choice in a poseur's market.

The new Mercedes GLK is probably worth a look, it is very attractive and hardly anyone has one yet, I think it's a very cool ride for a middle aged guy that wants to show some taste without being flashy.

Lastly, I've got to say, I love my 4 door Wrangler Rubicon. It may not be the most luxurious, but with biggest convertible experience you can find, I think it's a blast.

The great news is, if you're willing to buy used, you can get some amazing deals right now too.
JeepGuy is offline   Reply With Quote