View Single Post
Old 04-11-2015, 06:16 PM   #369 (permalink)
Awgd8
Base Member

Drives: 2015 Q40 / 2008 EX35
Awgd8 is on a distinguished road

Just would like to remind that Wstar Original Throttle MAP was designed for Autocross.
That is why he called his MAP Smooth/Linear. The reason why he created his is to make the throttle predicatable. If we put the cars power or response base from Low-Mid-high RPM the transition of power from each ranges is seemless. If I put it in number it is like this.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

See the distance from each number? This is linear so the throttle can be controlled evenly without disturbing the suspensions balance.
So to compare Wstar vs my Map is unfair to him. I did not make my MAP for autocross, but for Drag race or more street tuned. If i have to put it in number it looks like this

1***2*3*4*5*6*7**8***9***10

I could tweak this a lot better and more precise if I can only have a G37 tune file to work with. My throttle maps came from EX35 crossover siimilar to VQ35HR engine. Some members says my throttle improved their car's response some did not feel a thing. As I said it again, I can be more precise if I can get hands of a G37 tune file that I can experiment. And if my MAP is being used for entertainement purpose and seems to be working for you. Pls. let me know so I can develop it further...

Last edited by Awgd8; 04-11-2015 at 06:24 PM.
Awgd8 is offline   Reply With Quote