View Single Post
Old 04-10-2015, 09:01 AM   #47 (permalink)
RicerX
Track Member

Drives: To the Pizza joint.
RicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spd View Post
Lol, I think the Murano nailed the redesign, but the maxima... not so much. I wish each car got its own character rather than each being some reiteration of another just in a lightly different package.
Is it bad that I'm trying to talk my wife into trading her '14 Rogue for a Murano? That car is absolutely gorgeous. I'm not a huge crossover person, but I think the Murano may well be one of the most nicely appointed and most handsome crossovers on the market.

What's funny is, the Rogue to a Murano is a true step up (more tech, more appointments, upgraded powertrains as the Rogue is not available with the 3.5 engine) and is executed better than the Altima to Maxima hierarchy.

If it wasn't for Toyota's marketing success with their Camry V6 in the most recent redesign, I would almost wager that the midsize sedans will eventually lose a V6 option entirely and stick to a more economical 4 cylinder engine. Perhaps Nissan is banking on that happening, which is why they didn't do something radical with the Maxima.

Something as simple as an AWD option in the new Maxima would have been enough as the Altima does not offer that at all, and it's an option that is trending upward with buyers. They already have the parts to make it happen (executed in the Murano and Pathfinder as far as 3.5 with AWD CVT, would only require a few tweaks).

SSFirehawk - Enjoyed reading the input from a current-gen owner. It's nice to have some mature discussion with valid points on both sides. Cheers!