View Single Post
Old 04-10-2015, 09:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
370zHawaii
Enthusiast Member

Drives: A Starship
370zHawaii is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottOmatic View Post
Dig the badging, looks better than the Z turn signal everyone was putting on their amuse front fascia.
Thanks, yeah I was debating between black and chrome finish, I got chrome because I could always paint it black later on down the road when I get tired of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davetmml View Post
What was the hardest part with the steering wheel controls? I've got a, AVH-X2700 awaiting installation this weekend with the same ASWC.
Programming, took me about 8 times to get it right with the programming. Make sure you have a good ground. Also after I installed the steering wheel controller and tested it, it would work sometimes then sometimes it would not. I took a break from the controller to install other parts. I disconnected the battery in the engine bay for a few hours to install other audio equipment, then when I put everything back together and tested it again, it works perfect, skips to next track, fast forwarding when holding down, and volume controls work perfect. Don't get discouraged if it does not work the first time or is glitchy in the beginning. If it is glitchy DC the battery and see if that helps after reconnecting. I thought I was going to have to reprogram it but I guess it has memory built in. Either way good luck

edit: sorry I made a mistake on the original post, I used a PAC SW controller instead of Metra's kit. From what I have read Metra's kit is much easier to install. I am sure you will have no problems, I went with PAC because it was cheaper than Metra, but then I spent more time trying to get it right. I should have got the Metra for $15 bucks more, would have saved me some headache and time.

Last edited by 370zHawaii; 04-10-2015 at 11:09 AM.
370zHawaii is offline   Reply With Quote