View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 07:52 PM   #217 (permalink)
BGTV8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
BGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo370z View Post
Sweet. Now would changing the oil be a major pain in the bass?
To change the oil, you are going to need to be able to run a drain from the oil-tank somehow.

On my race car (not actually my Z34) the dry-sump tank feed line to the pressure stage runs from the tank (in the passenger foot-well) to the pressure stage along the passenger side of the dry-sump pan (the line is covered in anti-abrasion / insulation and attached with "p" clips to the sump) and has a t-connector in it with a cap over the "t" at he lowest point of the line. I always lock-wire the "cap" to ensure it cannot come loose and spread oil under the car, onto tyres and/or the track.

When I want to change the oil (straight after each race event), I have the car on the hoist, undo the cap on the t-fitting and voila - around 9 litres of Valvoline VR1 empties into a strategically placed 10 litre bucket.

If you are serious about a dry-sump, you'll need to arrange something similar, OR provide enough slack in the supply and return lines to the pressure/scavenge stages so you can remove the tank to empty outside the car, OR invest in a suction pump to empty the tank in the car.

You simply need to engineer a solution - and there are at leasy 3 ways you can do - possibly more that I've not suggested here.

Last edited by BGTV8; 04-09-2015 at 07:55 PM.
BGTV8 is offline   Reply With Quote