View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 01:23 PM   #617 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

MINOR UPDATE:

This probably isnt the update that some of you are hoping for, but its something.

We are building a small batch of 6 of the *Gen 1* RRP right now.

Why the Gen 1? A few reasons. I am backlogged on machine work right now, putting in insane hours at the shop. Involved in many projects. I am giving my VHR/HR intake manifold the priority in new/advanced product R&D for now. There is more demand for it, and it will be more important to my business to complete it.

We have some insane demand right now for some RRPs. I dont mean volume demand, but I have a few individuals that are ON ME about it and they want something. Right now it makes more sense to take care of up to 6 people with a KNOWN WORKING PRODUCT than to rush out the version 2 design when I am not yet 100% confident in it, and when it will take away from other important tasks on the table.

The RRP is not a big volume product for us. I originally made it because I wanted to tackle the challenge and because I was the right man for the job as a dedicated fuel system builder for the Z33/Z34. But I have to be wise about how much time I invest in obsessing over a problem I already solved. The RRP v2 is going to be a bit of a hurdle to get setup for production, and at this exact moment I cannot risk focusing production on it and then running into a possible problem when they get into customer hands.

RRP v2 will still happen, but its getting pushed back deeper into 2015.

As for RRP v1... there has been a couple minor updates. The last few kits started shipping with Nylon in-tank hoses. They are cheaper to make, lighter weight, but ridiculously harder to assemble than they look like they should be. Rusty tried the first set but I assembled them the wrong direction so he tossed them. I will have to touch base with the other few guys that got them after that and make sure everything worked out in the end (I can only assume or I would have heard back).

If you want to get on the list for the 6 RRP v1s about to get produced, please post up. We can make more if we need to, but 6 was the magic number just because we had 6 leftover fuel level sensor brackets for it from the last batch.