View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 11:42 PM   #35 (permalink)
WUKILLABEEZ78
Base Member

Drives: 08 Infiniti G Sedan
WUKILLABEEZ78 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstr_Cali View Post
You know, I was thinking about this today and I think what you quoted me on is far more applicable to the Chevy Camaro than the 370Z. Totally out of left field until you understand how heavily GM is counting on the Zeta Camaro to sell. Nissan on the other hand isn't too concerned with selling 100k+ Z's a year. I have no idea what the sales targets are for the Z34 but I'm sure it's a modest number. Anyways, I digress; My point was to emphasize the need to keep the Z34 as attainable as possible despite the lofty aspirations on behalf of Nissan to see this car running neck and neck with some of Deutschlands' finest on a performance level. Looking at the facts I think Nissan has delivered both price and performance wise.
I understand what you're saying. I think that in todays world $40,000 for a fully loaded Nissan that has all the bells and whistles(navigation, etc...) and can compete performance wise with German cars that cost a lot more similarly configured is a great bargain. You're right about the new camaro, GM is losing money and needs all of it's cars to meet and exceed any sales projections they have.

Last edited by WUKILLABEEZ78; 11-23-2008 at 11:45 PM.
WUKILLABEEZ78 is offline   Reply With Quote