View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 10:54 PM   #151 (permalink)
Owen
Base Member

Drives: lots
Owen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by P's_Z View Post
Hey Owen, that costco brand of tequila any good?
Well, I was going to say that I'm not sure because it's not margarita season. After some consideration, it's been decided that is inappropriate. Instead, thank you for an excuse to try it!

Before I get started, I need to admit that I don't drink much tequila anymore, and don't buy most of my own alcohol anymore either (I've trained friends and family to purchase it for Birthdays and Christmas - and share liberally to ensure they get me good stuff) so my pricing may be off a bit.

Kirkland tequila review.

Smooth. Always smooth. Bite from alcohol is all on the back end where it is muted, don't really have to cut it to drink it. All the primary tequila flavors are there, in a nice balance, no particularly strong or extra/unusual flavors. The flavors start at the tip of the tongue, transition rapidly to the back (or only the back if you toss the shot back), not much middle. Solid mouth feel, mild bouquet.

I'd call it a right down the middle with no flair or character. If you are looking for a premium and are willing to experiment I think you could find something with character that you would prefer in the $30+ range /750mL. Below that, I suspect it will be one of the better players. I don't think anything in the <$20/750mL range will touch it. For me, I think it will make BITCHIN margaritas!

O

If you are curious, the bottles that I spent my own money on are the Dalwhinnie scotch, Mastersons rye and Jack Daniels single barrel bourbon (in the black box)
Owen is offline   Reply With Quote