View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 05:31 PM   #23 (permalink)
RN SHARK
Track Member

Drives: 09 370Z, 14 SRT GC
RN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond repute

Personally, I don't do the clear bra. I figure the price of a front end re-spray and a clear bra are about equal. I've already had my front bumper and hood repainted when I bought mine used. As a bonus, now my bumper actually matches the rest of the car. Hahaha. I like to detail my cars, to get the most depth out of my paint, and I just don't think a car covered in plastic would do it for me.
People talk about "protecting the paint", but for what? For whom? If it is for you, I'd rather wash and polish paint than plastic. And I won't get crap/clay stuck to the edge of the wrap, making the line more obvious. If you wrap it for resale value, then wouldn't it make sense to remove the clear bra just before selling the car or trading it in? Yet no one does that. And after 5-10 years it will be so hard to remove, most likely etching the underlying paint in the process, that you'll have to get a re-spray anyway. Not to mention fading. My 1994 240SX had some clear bra on it that was cloudy, cracked from years on the car, was terrible to remove, and now that section of the paint looks worse than the rest of the car.
Anyway, it's all personal choice. Clear bra just isn't for me. I like real paint, the feel, and the finish I can get out of it.
P.S. I also replaced the windshield with an OEM Nissan one when I repainted my front end when I bought my car. Probably need another one as track days don't help.

Last edited by RN SHARK; 04-08-2015 at 05:36 PM.
RN SHARK is offline   Reply With Quote