View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 10:39 AM   #22 (permalink)
Corona
Base Member

Drives: Nissan 370Z
Corona is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbrah View Post
Thanks for the pictures! I will attempt to do this again in a couple weeks. I've had my side skirts sitting around for almost two years! It seems something always come up when try to do any work on the car lol

At step 5. How are you predrilling the holes into the body with the nail? Were you using special tool for this part or just by hands to force it through? Thanks again for the tips. You don't know how long I've waited to get this done and out of the way

And I'm actually out in California, but traffic is probably just as bad out here too
No problem. I was about to do the same and leave them uninstalled but I just got motivated lol.

I used the ratched/socket as a "holder" to drive the nail/drill thru the plastic body of the car. I placed the nail/drill inside the socket while attached to the ratchet. It gave me the means of forcing it up. Then I wiggled the nail around some to open the hole slightly more. Once that was done I took the self-tapping screw and pushed it into the hole with some force. Not all the way thru but enough to get it started. Then I screwed it in.
Corona is offline   Reply With Quote