View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 09:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute

Tune is fairly rich since I never got around to getting a custom tune (out of box GTM tune), but it's making sense. Last year I did see some white smoke on occasion. I freaked out thinking it was a blown head gasket, but it wasn't. I remember seeing it more frequently after ditching HFCs for test pipes. The one time the engine died at the light, I started it back up and it went into limp mode. I thought it was a bad cam angle sensor, but the problem went away and never came back after leaving the car alone. A few days ago I was parking the car and the engine died as well. It was warm out after a long drive, but nothing extreme. I started it back up, and it was fine. No codes.

No odor in the bay. A hint of fuel odor from oil cap. No codes, but I can check. How you guys want me to set it up and give you some logs? Cold? Warm? Idle?

[EDIT] As the car is idling around 700 RPM and ambient of 68F:
  • B1/B2 Wideband hovers around 2.1-2.2
  • B1/B2 AFR is around 14.5-14.75
  • B1/B2 MAF voltage is around 0.65-0.75 V, and there is a split difference of 0.80-0.10.
  • B1 Correction 104-107%
  • B2 Correction 98-101%
There is some white smoke coming out of the exhaust as the car is warming up, and it definitely smells like it is running fairly rich. In fact, I'm thinking this is always the case for some time. Car is fairly warm with oil temps rising to 145F, and some white smoke is still coming out. Condensation collecting at the tips. I walk back inside and and my shirt stinks now lol.

Last edited by DIGItonium; 04-07-2015 at 11:14 PM.
DIGItonium is offline   Reply With Quote