View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 08:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
TennesseeZ
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z Sport A7
TennesseeZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGItonium View Post
Wow, the installation looks so much more straight forward than the 350Z.

Let me get this straight... the existing Nissan radio harness (e.g., 350Z) will work with the 370Z? I've never worked with steering controls, but the particular head unit I'm looking at (DDX812/DDX814) will support these controls.

A double-din unit comes with its own bezel. If your head unit screws in place with the OE brackets, I wouldn't need a universal pocket or installation bracket. Is this correct?

Did you have much room to play with when it comes to organizing wires and such?

If you use a double din it should look really good. It should fit in flush and no you will not need the universal pocket because the double din will take the whole 4x6 slot. I replied to a msg sent to me and I forgot to add that the steering wheel control module that I bought it made by PAC. When buying the harness just make sure you get a wiring harness for the new nissans. I think all the 09s are alike.

Also there is a lot of room behind the radio. You will be able to stuff plenty of wires there. If you need room for other mod boxes (Sat Radio and Ipod box.) We put mine behind the glove box area there is a tone of room there too.
TennesseeZ is offline   Reply With Quote