View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 06:30 AM   #148 (permalink)
Davey
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '15 NISMO 6MT
Davey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
You have a lot more data that I do then

As long as I'm not on the gas, I have no problems with temps. Easier said than done though
Well I recall all the controversy about the oil coolers when I had my 2011 and people were having heat problems. My car would get up to 250 if I pushed it pretty hard and it was 90 - 100 degrees out. For example, driving for extended periods in 5th gear, with a heavy foot, in the 75 - 80 mph range. But still, I never got above 240 - 250 degrees. I remember thinking people must be driving like ******* maniacs to go into limp mode or even get above 250 degrees. Even said so many times to people, but they insisted they really weren't pushing the car that hard.

With the cooler, I've kept an eye on it as well. Same driving, same "Indiana in July" weather (we had about 12 days in a row >100 degrees last year, not exactly Texas, but not exactly refreshingly cool) and I honestly can't remember the last time I saw my oil temp above 220 degrees.

So... I wonder if certain cars run warmer, and even with the oil cooler, certain cars still run warmer? Possibly yours runs fairly cool for a cooler-less car, and the 2012 you were with runs on the hot side? I really don't know, but there does seem to be a very different set of experiences depending on who you ask, and it's not because I'm putting around at 56 mph.
Davey is offline   Reply With Quote