View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 02:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
cautupwitdm
Base Member

Drives: 10 SR M6 SPT
cautupwitdm has a spectacular aura aboutcautupwitdm has a spectacular aura about

I disagree that cash gives you more negotiating power.

If you do plan on paying with cash, I would highly suggest not to tell them this up front and to wait until you have a final negotiated price. If they ask you if you are going to finance with them just say "probably yeah". Why you ask? Well when dealers are negotiating the purchase price they plan on making some money on the back end through financing. So if you tell them you will pay in cash they will know they won't make any money off of you through financing and be less liking to negotiate lower. This advice also applies for those have been preapproved for financing from their bank or credit union or have a trade in, so don't let them know that information until you've done all the negotiating you can.

When they give you a final price that you feel is fair then just tell them, "That sounds like a good deal. I have cash for that."

Hope this helps, good luck!
GTHaus Meisterschaft GTS Exhaust (Round) | CNT Racing HFC | Stillen 19 Row Oil Cooler | Carbotech Brake Pads | Eibach Anti-Roll Sway Bars | K&N Drop-In Filters | UpRev | Clutch Helper Spring | Password JDM Shift Knob | GTR Push Start Button
cautupwitdm is offline   Reply With Quote