View Single Post
Old 04-05-2015, 07:02 PM   #113 (permalink)
Firebase99
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 14 3.8 Gen Coupe GT
Firebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey View Post
Well, that may be your opinion but I disagree. I have driven the S197 pretty extensively and I find the Mustang to be big and heavy and not fun to drive at all once you get past the fun of mashing the throttle 2 or 3 times in the honeymoon period. It doesn't feel sporty in the slightest. Oh, except the shifter. It's nice and crisp with short throws, that was definitely pretty enjoyable.

I didn't like the retro-inspired interior and didn't find the interior it to be of very good quality. One car was a base GT and the other was the top-tier car with leather Recaros and the upgraded stereo, etc. The higher-end model was passable but not really impressive. It more gave me an impression of half-assed nostalgia that interfered with functionality rather than a good design, or a nice place to spend a lot of time driving. Apparently the S550 is a step in the right direction in that sense.

Anyway, point being, I really could not care less if the Mustang is faster around a track. It didn't strike me as a very well-put-together car although I certainly can't argue with the results, but I am not very interested in owning one.
Oh very well said. I agree 100%. Despite sounding like the '86 crowd, etc. however, you did state, and IMO, the best response about sounding like the Twins crowd, "the Z isn't DEALBREAKER slow." Perfection.
Firebase99 is offline   Reply With Quote