View Single Post
Old 04-05-2015, 03:37 PM   #179 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo! View Post
Very well said

As to the turbo 4, notwithstanding the lack of sales for the Gen coupe, the latest iteration of the Mustang has a turbo 4 as its midlevel option priced and making power greater than their 6 cyl (funnily enough, also a 3.7 ltr motor), but well below the V8.

I could see Nissan doing that: NA 6, turbo 4, turbo 6. That would be a nice range of options. If they did that, it could go $35K, $40K, $45K ballpark, and the hp could be, say, 350, 375, 400-425ish, respectively.

I think if they offered something like that -- kept the weight down, and the fit and finish looking sharp -- it would be a real hit with current Z fans and really give the pony car crowd something to seriously mull over.

I don't know what the hell Toyota is thinking regarding the FR-S. Its doomed to be an afterthought for someone considering a MX-5 if they don't give it a significant bump in power. A factory roots blower making another 60- 80 hp and tq right off idle would make that car PERFECT.

Whose going to pay $35,000 for the heavily outdated VQ37? Not me... Time to move on