View Single Post
Old 04-04-2015, 09:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
sandersd
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2014 370z Nismo
sandersd will become famous soon enoughsandersd will become famous soon enough
Default Nismo R-Tune Long Tube Intake

Installed the intake last weekend and it was simple and straightforward. There were several parts left out of the kit: four hose clamps, a 90 degree fitting, and an aluminum adapter for connecting the oem filler tube to the new reservoir. I rigged up a hose while I waited for the missing parts to be shipped which arrived today. Unfortunately the adapter for the filler neck doesn't fit - it's too small.

I have a '14 Nismo and some vendors list the kit for '09-11 and some list it for '09 and later. I checked online Nissan parts and the OEM filler neck is for '09 and later but apparently mine is different than the one the kit is designed for. Next week I plan on going to the dealer and comparing filler necks and check if the adapter will fit on an earlier model filler neck and if so, will the neck fit (or can be made to fit) in my '14. I have a couple more options in my head if this doesn't pan out.

As far as the intake I'm very pleased with the performance and sound. I have no other aftermarket intakes to compare it to and no dyno run is planned. So this is just a heads-up to any others who may purchase the Nismo R-Tune intake that you will have to make adaptations for the wiper reservoir.