View Single Post
Old 04-04-2015, 01:47 AM   #29 (permalink)
b15
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 4drz
b15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allentown View Post
I know what you mean but it has to be the right chassis. I could break the tires lose in the Shelby......going 90....with 1/2 a pedal with the wrong down shift. You never get tired of that SC whine but if people say a z is an impractical car...they should try owning one. A 500 makes a z look like a very practical car considering you can't drive GT500 in the rain without spinning out, or with temps below 40 without different tires etc. While I'm sure that porshe was world's better, at 1k hp I'm sure it had similiar issues.

Still, if handling was your number one priority you wouldn't own a Z. You would own one of the other cars I've had.....an RX8.

The RX8 makes a z look like a slouch in the handling dept as does a miata. I still have not driven the praised brz but I assume the Rx8 still handles better

Having owned all these cars I think what the z gives you is a much better balance of all of these various attributes. Only been in the car for a week, but that's my first imprrssion
It sounds like you've never really owned a balanced car. The gt500 and the Rx8 are polar opposites. That's the beauty of the Z is it slots in the middle and is a more balanced car in both departments. Porsche does this recipe even better but it comes at a premium. You'll never see a Porsche with GT500 hp from the factory without the chassis/suspension engineering to back it up. Monster motors with chassis/suspension as an after thought is very much a domestic thing.

Last edited by b15; 04-04-2015 at 01:52 AM.
b15 is offline   Reply With Quote