View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 10:38 PM   #28 (permalink)
Duc_Z09
Track Member

Drives: With the blinker on.
Duc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allentown View Post
Still, if handling was your number one priority you wouldn't own a Z. You would own one of the other cars I've had.....an RX8.

The RX8 makes a z look like a slouch in the handling dept as does a miata. I still have not driven the praised brz but I assume the Rx8 still handles better
Hmmm, I've yet to drive an RX8 or Miata but I have driven an FR-S (BRZ clone)...

The Scibaru IMO wasn't noticeably better handling-wise than the Z, but then again it was a test drive and I wasn't thrashing it or anything. What it WAS though was noticeably gutless and cheap-feeling. No thanks.

I'd own a Miata only if it were a dedicated track car that I didn't care about and nobody I knew was ever going to see me in it. Even then I'd consider a v8 swap because they're so slow.

The RX8 is a terrible looking automobile and I doubt I could bring myself to own one even if it were as good as a 911 (which it obviously isn't).

When passing up on the 5.0 Mustang I sacrificed some power, some classic good looks, and possibly the best aftermarket in all of motoring. But I got something that looks like a factory race car, isn't all that common, and performance-wise does everything better than average.

FULL DISCLOSURE: What I really want is a Lotus Exige S. Not the wussy NA Elise ragtop, but the supercharged 260hp 0-60 in 4 seconds + handles like a go-cart one. It's possibly the only car I could ever even remotely afford that I'd ditch my NISMO to get.
2009 370z #206 (all mods are Home Depot)
2009 Ducati 848 (full Ohlins, Termignoni, etc)
2003 Grand Cherokee (long arms, big tires, 4.56, lockers)

Last edited by Duc_Z09; 04-03-2015 at 11:20 PM.
Duc_Z09 is offline   Reply With Quote