View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 09:08 PM   #22 (permalink)
Allentown
Base Member

Drives: 2015 Sport Tech
Allentown is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amj2020 View Post
I really think its a very American muscle car mentality thing to go fast from 0-60. The feeling of accelration is probably the best one on earth. Ripping off the line is pure chaos and there nothing not to love about it. The reason I love my Z is because its equally as fast as those cars after all the bolt ons and a tune, and it is one of the best handling cars around. Personally id rather be connected to the road on a twisty forest trail, and feel like my car is on rails and nimble, with a lot of growl. Hitting the apex and roaring out of it knowing the car is planted...That is exactly what the z gives me. What I always found mind-blowing, beyond 0-60, is coming up on a boosted Porsche and watching the top end speed. The way they absolutely scream from 60-100+ is mind boggling, and a sight to behold. Had the honor of being in 1k+ hp 996 and it was fine off the line, but when that boost hit, my gawd. New underwear please.

I know what you mean but it has to be the right chassis. I could break the tires lose in the Shelby......going 90....with 1/2 a pedal with the wrong down shift. You never get tired of that SC whine but if people say a z is an impractical car...they should try owning one. A 500 makes a z look like a very practical car considering you can't drive GT500 in the rain without spinning out, or with temps below 40 without different tires etc. While I'm sure that porshe was world's better, at 1k hp I'm sure it had similiar issues.

Still, if handling was your number one priority you wouldn't own a Z. You would own one of the other cars I've had.....an RX8.

The RX8 makes a z look like a slouch in the handling dept as does a miata. I still have not driven the praised brz but I assume the Rx8 still handles better

Having owned all these cars I think what the z gives you is a much better balance of all of these various attributes. Only been in the car for a week, but that's my first imprrssion

Last edited by Allentown; 04-03-2015 at 09:17 PM.
Allentown is offline   Reply With Quote