View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 09:06 PM   #173 (permalink)
cautupwitdm
Base Member

Drives: 10 SR M6 SPT
cautupwitdm has a spectacular aura aboutcautupwitdm has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bshields22 View Post
No way anyone is going to buy a Z35 for $60K as wonderful as these cars are and like everyone has already mentioned, your getting into another class of car for that amount.

Just some food for thought though...I've noticed some of these Z35 articles coming out of Australia, where the price for cars is about double then what is is here in the US. There may be some confusion with this $60K price tag floating around.
I think a lot of you are debating price based off of misinformation. I'm thinking Bshileds22 has something right here. I'm guessing the author of this article saw $60k in his research but didn't notice it is 60k AUS dollars which comes out to be about 45k-46k. Also I read where someone said they saw an article of the new Z weighing 1300 lbs. Again I think this is someone's failure to pay attention to the units of measurement. I am sure they meant to write 1300 kg or about 2886 lbs.

A 400-450 hp 3.0TT at 2900lbs for about 45k sounds very believable. This is based on a ton of speculation of course but I think this is more realistic and believable than a Z35 at 1300lb and 60k.

Actually here in an OOOLD article that matches some of the points I made.
Next Nissan Z scooped - motoring.com.au

Well since I am commenting I might as will throw in my hopes for what the next Z is so it stays relevant/competitive. I think they should definitely have 2 powertrain options. A turbo 4 cylinder, possibly the 2.0T Mercedes that has been suggested in other articles, with somewhere around 300HP @ 2900lbs would be a great frs/brz killer that could start around 25k that maxes out at 35k with sport and touring style packages. The other option could be a twin turbo 6 cylinder, again some articles suggest it would be a 3.0TT also be powered by Mercedes. Output could be north of 400HP @ 3100lbs allowing it to compete with the Mustang shopper. The price would need to stay around 35k base and max out around 45k with sport and touring packages. Maybe a Nismo version at 50-55k. Total speculation but just what I think should and could happen with the very limited info released so far.
GTHaus Meisterschaft GTS Exhaust (Round) | CNT Racing HFC | Stillen 19 Row Oil Cooler | Carbotech Brake Pads | Eibach Anti-Roll Sway Bars | K&N Drop-In Filters | UpRev | Clutch Helper Spring | Password JDM Shift Knob | GTR Push Start Button

Last edited by cautupwitdm; 04-03-2015 at 09:10 PM.
cautupwitdm is offline   Reply With Quote