View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 08:09 PM   #17 (permalink)
Adversaries
Base Member

Drives: 13 Nissan 370z
Adversaries is on a distinguished road

I'm sorry for no updates. Heres a quick little tutorial, later when I get home i'll screenshot the picture of my flow set up.
However, for those who are somewhat tech savy, you can start fooling around with it and probably get it set up on your own. It's all done via apps and bluetooth(as long as you have a headunit with bluetooth).

The voices, these are the only decent free ones.

Download IVONA AMY UK ENGLISH, for the female brit.

And William TTS (Sounds the most like Jarvis lol)

After you download these packets(they're rather large, around 200mb so make sure you're on wifi) you need to download another program that creates a text to speech file. Theres plenty of free ones. After you create your file with your voice, that's all you need for your greeting message.

Automate this is the main application you will be using. Download it and all of its subcategories from Google Play.

Now, the tricky part is now. Creating flows. Just mess around with it you'll probably be able to pick up on it after a while.

My main flow that I use is...

1) It starts the flow whenever it detects bluetooth, so aka, when your car turns on.

2) The next flow is to change your screen brightness to max and set it to never sleep.

3) Now, you can enter your soundfile that you created to play next. After it finishes it will start the next flow.

4) For this flow, I ended up just going with having it open my main music playing program, which is Amazon Music.

5) For this flow, I have it set again to detect a change in bluetooth, this time, the change will be when it disconnects(car turns off). Once bluetooth disconnects it starts the next flow.

6) This flow cuts all sound off and reverts the tablet back to its original power saving settings(Mine is set to sleep after 15 seconds of inactivity.)

7) For the last one, you now drag your last flow all the way to your start flow. So now, again, its waiting for a change in bluetooth to start it over again.

The problems I ran into so far, is after about 5 days, the tablet needs recharging. It's easy for me, because I simply secured my tablet with fasteners, stays on tight, and comes off easy.

The ultimate way to do it, so you literally never have to touch a thing again, is to set your flow to start and stop with a change in power. So you can keep your tablet plugged into the cigarrete port on the passangers side. And everytime you turn on your car, it will start charging and then start the flow. Then when you turn off your car, the charge stops, and the next flow starts causing the power goes off.

However, the problem with this comes in terms of mounting...the power cord gets in the way. I suppose you could try to drill a hole on the side and do it, but... yeah that's for a whole another day.

But if you can, that's the ulimate way, you'll never have to mess with it again.

Last edited by Adversaries; 04-03-2015 at 08:15 PM.
Adversaries is offline   Reply With Quote