View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 06:25 PM   #27 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Firehawk View Post
To be fair, I've owned two Maxima's, a 11' and a 14'. I've never had a problem with the CVT. CVT issues on 7th gen Maxima's are minimal. If you want to look at tranny issues, Ford, GM, Chrysler/Dodge (ZF 8 speed and 9 speed tranny's) over the past few years. The Max is one of the most reliable cars in Nissan's lineup, along with the Z, which may sound funny... But they are also the oldest. They've had plenty of time to fix most of the issues. Why the CSC issue still exists is beyond me.

Don't buy the Maxima if you're looking for what the Q50 already has. The Maxima has plenty of power, not very heavy, handles pretty damn well (you can get them with 19" Bridgestone RE50A's from the factory as a no cost option on the SV sport.), and has most meaningful bells and whistles. I'd recommend the Maxima all day. I challenge anyone to drive any midsize sedan back to back with the Maxima, it's the little things that make it better. Steering feel, turn in response, handling, material sound/ride quality (unless it's an SV sport, then it's sports car rough). I f'n love the current Max, even with it's CVT. Not gonna lie though, a good DCT or 7AT would be better, but because it doesn't have that doesn't make it a bad car.

Not defending the looks of the new Maxima, it's not that good looking, but I can guarantee that if it's on the same chassis as the current one, it's almost guaranteed to drive really damn good.
All im saying is the tranny is all wrong for its supposed philosophy and sporting intentions. Thats why i said that the car was made for aggressive women with a lead foot. I had a 3.5 altima se with a cvt n it was a great fast and fun car, but the cvt did kinda suck the essense out of it's sporting intentions. it is what it is..