View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 07:57 AM   #28 (permalink)
6spd
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Q50RS
6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
HUH??????? I have an auto Z. In paddle mode it acts as a manual. If you don't shift? It bounces off the redline like crazy till you upshift. And DRM auto blips the throttle for Heal, toe effect. The Z is one of the best slushboxes out there, and when it came out, it was the best.
I mean that it has, in a sense, a predetermined shift pattern, where 1st gear is short, 2nd gear is fine, third gear drags out to long into to high an RPM, and fourth gear and up are fine. What I meant was when I drove with the paddles, unless I shifted at these same points, it was a very harsh shift. It supposedly has adaptive shift such and such, but I never felt like that was the case. IDK what to say about it honestly, but it did feel quite a bit faster than the manual.