View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 08:35 AM   #16 (permalink)
Mike
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 370z
Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond repute

PC is ok, I mean, I am a professional powdercoater, but I still use spray paint on my own. I have also ceramic coated them in the past. Any of the 3 coatings will burn off on track use. For the street all 3 will hold up. My order of preference is Ceramic, Paint, Powdercoat. The ceramic is kind of a pain to set up, clean up and apply, so I only did it one time and it still burned off at the track. The spray paint doesn't require masking, as its a thin enough coating to let the brake pads scrape it off, and it doesn't peel when properly applied.

I do charge 25 per rotor to PC the centers, but you have to mask off the swept area and can't get in between the cooling vanes. By masking, you don't get a nice clean edge where the pads and rotors meet.

Now, all that being said, depending on how early UPS delivers my new rotors today, they may actually get powdercoated instead of spray painted, as they will be my street rotors.