View Single Post
Old 04-02-2015, 03:55 PM   #22 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebase99 View Post
I don't think, IMHO, anyone here has spent a decent time behind the wheel of a 3.8 Coupe. I traded a '13z for one. I've alwYs stated the Z is a better performer, sports car, but for the $, as a DD, the 3.8 SPANKS the Z. It's not quite as quick, but oh so close. The tranny, engine, chassis are on par with the Z. Handling suffers a bit due to weight, Z is better. Engine...down low the Z has it. Not by much. Up top hands down the 3.8. Interior and and tech, no contest, 3.8. I'm a Z guy through and through but the '13+ iteration of the coupe are really competitive at the price point. I drove a 13 3.8 before I bought the 13 370. I didn't drive it CORRECTLY. Not at all. I blame poor salesmanship on that. He didn't educate me on engine temp (huge factor- below 250 it's a dog!), no insight into paddle shifters, nothing. Really drive one and Id bet you stop bashing on it and saying other than SLIGHTLY better handling and off the line gut, "I wish my Z did this". Not bashing the Z, hell I've had lots of them but for the money as a DD, spend two hours driving a 3.8.
WRONG!!!!! I have!!

I like the genny. But i can't agree on the tranny comment.