View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 11:04 AM   #158 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Not going to be a problem with the current record... Looking at the timeslips, my car already had it if had a clean pass but I failed it as a driver that day.

But the problem for us 6MTs, Cy's auto car is going to do a bit better yet when its trans isnt slipping the entire way down the track. With 600-620rwhp, a ~3400# 7AT 370z with a 1.6-1.7 60' should run about a 10.2 - 10.4.

It has every advantage... it has more gearing off the line, closer ratios to make more use of the engine power, and shifts faster than a person can.

So until I put a built motor in my car, I might have to just settle for quickest 6MT rather than quickest overall. I dont know if even 700rwhp with a 6MT is going to beat what that auto car can do in the 1/4. Looking towards the future, its probably going to remain a constant that the 7ATs are generally outperforming the 6MTs in the 1/4, but that the outright fastest cars will be 6MTs because its likely we will be exceeding the power the 7AT can handle.

Last edited by phunk; 04-01-2015 at 11:07 AM.
phunk is offline   Reply With Quote