View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 12:08 PM   #21 (permalink)
JZNx
Base Member

Drives: 370z
JZNx is on a distinguished road

Car sounded pretty good this morning... I feel like this issue happens more often during daytime when its hotter... Here are some more information...

Couple months ago during lunch I wanted get some energy drink. I drove over to the nearby gas station (less than 0.5 mile away). Parked and got an energy drink and got back into my car. I started the car and sounded super weak and just as it finished starting, the car died very quietly (as if you slowly stalled in first gear)... I tried starting again but this time I pressed the brake pad and the car started (idk if the brakes is what did it or if its just a coincidence).... But I can tell the car was having difficulty... Sounded really weak and it was rattling just a bit maybe... During this time I remember the weather being pretty hot... Couple weeks later my battery died and I had to replace it in my company parking lot at around 9pm... When I replaced the battery and started the car, the car sounded amazing! Super loud and fresh... You might be wondering, "where are you going with this?" Anyone think that maybe i screwed up on installing the new battery? Only thing I can think of is that, during that time it was really dark so maybe I missed something?

I feel like this past Saturday event is somewhat related. After my car died this Saturday (windows wouldn't roll down when doors are opened, key not working, alarms not working), I checked my battery to see if there were any loose connections. After checking that, my car was able to start (even though i found nothing)... But it sounded just like as if I got a new battery... Super loud and fresh....

Also anyone know any good deals on socket wrench/ratchets? Or where is a good place to go? When I used to live with my family, I used my dad's tool but now that I live on my own, I want to buy my own set. Any good deals wrench/ratchets would nice...

Hopefully this makes sense... And again, thanks for all the supports!
JZNx is offline   Reply With Quote