View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 05:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
GSS138
Track Member

Drives: '12 370Z 6M Sport
GSS138 is a jewel in the roughGSS138 is a jewel in the roughGSS138 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjwsrt6 View Post
Just curious, what is your mileage around town with the taller gear, any chance you can tell us how tall 2nd gear is with this rear? and if so what size rear tire?
2nd will take you to sixty-maybe 60.5 mph on my 18" 285/35 RS3's according to my lab results as of this morning .

Also while performing this experiment, I ran into a familiar issue-when I hit the rev limiter, SRM went wacko, it shut off SRM and the little gear indicator. The car up shifted very rough after this happened, it was just like when you do a battery disconnect and have to wait for the ECU to adjust again.

This was not what happened to me when I was on track. When I was on track and I downshifted, SRM turned off, but I did not lose my gear light and experienced no "reset" condition like I did when I revved to redline.

So it seems two different things can trigger SRM being disabled with two different results:

1. If you do a downshift at high RPM like a 4 to 3 going into a braking zone, you will lose SRM, but you will not lose your gear indicator on the dash.

2. If you redline RPM(in 2nd gear anyway) you will lose SRM, lose your gear counter, and then you will experience a driving condition that is similar to battery disconnect.

Maybe I should post some of this info over in the engine/tuning section and see if anyone has any feedback.