Thread: Buy Now?
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 09:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
ZPirate
Track Member

Drives: 09' 370Z & 03' 350Z
ZPirate will become famous soon enough

There are some great deals out there on 09s right now. For example, when I bought my car in November I had been looking at several different cars. One was a red Touring with Sport Package located at a dealer in PA. Red was not my first choice, but it was a good deal. The same car has been on ebay for about two months and every time the auction ends without it selling it gets relisted for less. It's now listed "buy it now" for approximately $3,000 under invoice. At that price I can't believe no one has snatched it up.

You'll always do better buying a car the dealer has in stock rather than one that the dealer has to get from another dealer. In addition the closer you get to the end of the year the better the price is going to be. Another factor is the location of the dealer. Dealers in colder climates don't want to keep a sports car all winter, especially if it's from the prior model year, since sports cars don't sell in colder climates during the winter. A good example is the car I referred to above. The downside to waiting is that the selection of 09s is going to decrease every day, week and month you wait to purchase one.

The less you are picky about the color and options the more likely you'll be to get a better deal as time goes on and the selection decreases. I was more picky about the color, trim and options so I didn't want to wait until I couldn't find what I wanted. I purchased my car in November from Lou Fusz from his existing inventory for a good price and got exactly what I wanted.
ZPirate is offline   Reply With Quote