View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 08:45 PM   #553 (permalink)
Mt Tam I am
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z T/S/N 6MT & XKE
Mt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond repute

Jay left the ICU for 12 hours then has returned since. She is out of the woods regarding death. Now it is a brain injury that is getting better every day, with miles left to go.

I am exhausted myself. I finally got to bed at 9 PM instead of midnight to 2 AM. I fell asleep to Star Trek, and Jays mom called for an update. Within an hour Jay called because she couldn't wait till her 8am wake up call to me. She can tell time again and I gave her the wake up call job. I slept till the 7am wake up call because she couldn't wait any longer to speak with me. Cool beans, except I could have used that hour.

She gets agitated about being trapped at the hospital and wants to leave, who wouldn't. The nurses recognize I am the only one who can calm her down so they call me and ask me to talk her down. It is wonderful to help and I was asked if I am a caregiver as I seem so comfortable handling fluids and unthreading her seemingly endless tubing. I laughed and told her I am a coin dealer. Whatever I am doing is just common sense. I don't dispense drugs or technical things but giving her full support as she walks or making sure the chair is in place before she sits down etc. This is not the brain surgery portion.

We are going to get through this.
Nissan Motorsports 34R Oil Cooler. Stillen CBE. Hotchkis Sport Sway Bars. KW Variant 3 Coilover System. Stillen Gen3 CAI. Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Stillen Brake Ducts. Carbotech™ XP10/XP8 Pads. Z1 Front Rotors. Z1 Stainless Brake Lines. Two degrees of camber
Mt Tam I am is offline   Reply With Quote