View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 01:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kamillio
Enthusiast Member

Drives: N/A
Kamillio has a reputation beyond reputeKamillio has a reputation beyond reputeKamillio has a reputation beyond reputeKamillio has a reputation beyond reputeKamillio has a reputation beyond reputeKamillio has a reputation beyond reputeKamillio has a reputation beyond reputeKamillio has a reputation beyond reputeKamillio has a reputation beyond reputeKamillio has a reputation beyond reputeKamillio has a reputation beyond repute
Default NISMO Uprev tune no gain?

Hi all,

I bought a used stock 14 pearl white NISMO with 11k miles a couple of weeks ago.

One of the first things I did was get an Uprev tune done on it as I thought it would make the throttle feel livelier at lower rpms and increase the WHP a bit (10-15 whp throughout the powerband).

To my disappointment, the whp mainly increased above 7500 rpm because the redline was raised to 8k rpm. There is no increase in power at all until about 5000rpm and above from there is maybe 3 to 4 whp increase. Max torque is about 2 ftlb higher, but it says the average is still the same as before 200ftlb.

On another note, I was wondering if the stock dyno numbers 272/206 were even a bit lower than some stock non-NISMO 370z's here on the forum. I have seen about 270 to 280 whp from different members here and NISMO is supposed to have maybe some 15 whp more than regular z.

After tune I have 282/208, probably more like 276/208 because I'm not sure if I want to venture above 7500rpm.

I attached the dyno sheet, tune performed on Mustang dyno.

Am I rightly disappointed or is this normal? Maybe you guys can let me know your thoughts! I would really appreciate it.

By the way, I love the car, just feel like I threw away money for this tune.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9899.JPG (418.8 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg Zeta comprsd.jpg (227.4 KB, 39 views)