Thread: Oil filter
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 03:40 PM   #31 (permalink)
NIZMOZ
Track Member

Drives: 07 NISMO 350Z SA M6
NIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
K&N air filters are a waste of money IMO. They're more restrictive than paper filters. All of our dynos were worse by nearly 1HP at the wheels with K&N air filters.

They say on the box "For off-road use only." I know a lot of them say that, but I agree with them. The only time I'll use one is if I'm going back to the dry lake bed racing.

1 hp? LOL!!!!!! You do know that there can be anywhere between 2-5 hp variance between dyno pulls right?

K&N's are good, they DO give a little more airflow and you don't have to replace them just clean them. A tuned car with K&N drop ins gains 5-6 hp from just the filters. Not bad.
SOLD: 2007 NISMO 350Z #0044 Silver Alloy
New DD: 2010 Titan Pro4X CC
NIZMOZ is offline   Reply With Quote