View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 07:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
Minicobra1
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Tour, Spt, 6mt
Minicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond repute

My 2 cents, and I'm not a Turbo expert, but I know that on alot of smaller 4 cylinder motors such as my Turbo Mini Cooper, we went with a 3" exhaust because of the amount of boost we were running on the front end, which is 18psi.
I think all the Turbo aps for the 370z from Greddy, AAM, GTM, etc. are in the 6 to 9psi range, because of the hi-compression pistons in our motor. I know a lot of the experts out there recommend running 3" in anything that is pushing over 300whp. how much more power you could get out of the 3" is to be seen, IMO I think you could probably get to 500whp with a 2.5 exhaust that has good flow. There is a lot more to flow then just the diameter of the tubing, cats, resonators, mufflers, tubing bends all play a role. Bottom line is if you are going to be for sure boosting the car later on, you should probably talk with whoever is going to be supplying the kit and building it, most of them are designing the exhaust around that application.
370z Tour| Spt Pack|Navi|BERK CBE|Berk HFC's| Eibach Springs| Hotchkis Sway Bars|SPC Camber Arms|15mm Ichiba Wheel Spacers| 19"Factory Nismo Wheels-Matt Black|Stop Tech Rotors|TWM Shifter|3M Tint|Black Fangs|Black Rear Valance|JDM Fog Light| MY BAND-www.myspace.com/petroleum
Minicobra1 is offline   Reply With Quote