View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 07:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

OP, sounds like you have alot of patience, if you waited to gather info before buying, so props!

it took my a little over 8 months to find my car. like others have said, carmax is not the best place to buy, though it wouldn't hurt to compare. also, as others have said as well, get your financing dont prior to buying. i did this at my local credit union, where they would essentially handed me a blank for up to the amount that i was approved for and told the dealership "I can buy this car right now in CASH" (usually, this will give you the upper edge and no need to deal with the finance manager).

regarding depreciation, whether you buy new or used, the car will take a hit on depreciation, though less on used. however, this is why:

1. have a decent down payment to cover the depreciation

and/or

2. plan on keeping the car for a while (otherwise, you'll end up transferring the negative equity to your next auto loan if you trade too early, and you'll be even more upside down).

the one thing i don't really agree with others is the traveling and distance part. i have spent countless hours driving to dealerships far away, walked out of many dealerships while giving them the middle finger, etc. great deals don't have to be far from you. you just have to be patient and keep looking.
vtec to vvel is offline   Reply With Quote