View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 07:33 PM   #36 (permalink)
Z1NONLY
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 16 FR-S
Z1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond reputeZ1NONLY has a reputation beyond repute

So some of the drivers were using the RE 71's at Dixie (SCCA National Tour event) and they are hands-down the fastest "street" tire available.

One of our local fast guys hopped out of his STX BRZ on RS-3's and into another competitor's STX BRZ on RE-71's and he picked up a full second!!!! -This was on the short test and tune course. For competition, he drove his own car on RS-3's and ended up second.

Looking at how fast they wore for the competitors at that event and a few other events since, (People have actually posted pictures of how bad/fast they wear.) there is no way these tires are legit 200 tread-wear tires. Bridgestone seems to have cut a bunch of groves into a racing compound and slapped "200" on the side of the tire.

If these things don't end up on the exclusion list before the National Championship, I will have to get a set just for that event. However, I don't think I will be getting a set for my ZdayZ trip. I'm just not sure they would make the trip from the bottom of Florida and back...unless I just sat on my porch the whole time at ZdayZ. (No dragon runs)
Z1NONLY is offline   Reply With Quote