View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 05:51 PM   #26 (permalink)
604GZ
Base Member

Drives: 2008 Infinti G37S
604GZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.nismo View Post
So from 11 PSI went to 14.2 PSI. That much boost (relatively) is the cause of the failure? WOW, is incredible as what a few LBS of boost can do.
I had an Evolution a few years ago, and after installing HKS exhaust, air filter and a Profec B controller, the damn wastegate actuator went bad and I could easily hit 25 LBS of boost. My limits were set to 19 since I did not wanted to fry the turbo. Anyhow, I manage to stay away from heavy loads off boost (until wastegate was replaced) thus saving the turbo and possibly the engine.
Since you mentioned the over boost, once you get everything back together take a look at your boost controller. I suggest a manual boost controller over a electronic unit. In some instances you can install a manual controller inside the cockpit so you can adjust on the go. I had two electronic units and both failed at one point or another.
Good luck on the findings and repairs.
i am going to have my tuner shop take a look at the boost controller the instruction manual is no help to get into the settings! seems to complicated to use. unless someone here who might know how to get to the boost settings

604GZ is offline   Reply With Quote