View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 04:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Silly Rabbit
Track Member

Drives: '12 PW Touring Sport
Silly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond repute

Get your financing done ahead. know what you can spend.
If you have a car you are looking to trade, try to sell it if you have that option, trading in complicates things and never works in your favor.
Shop on the internet within 150 mile radius. cars, autotrader, ebay, craigslist, carmax, nissan cpo, nissan dealers in cities in 150 mile radius....
Decide what you want - color, options, miles..
Shopping 150 mile radius will give you a good idea of what the cars are selling for.
Stick to what you want and what you will pay.
I did this and found my z about 3hrs away from me at a Nissan dealer. I was able to make a good deal and put down a deposit within a day of contacting the dealer. All through email and phone. A week later, I drove up, test drove the car and took it home. The Z was 2 yrs old, 3k miles, sold originally from the same dealer and traded in on a suv.
Don't be surprised by low miles. When I was looking, I found that most Z are not daily drivers. At least in northern Indiana \ Chicago area.
I know it can be slim pickin, but they are out there. If you find a good deal on 'the one', it can also be an option to fly and drive. A $200 plane ticket can save you some cash and get you 'the Z' you want.
NISMO R Tune Intakes \ Fast Intentions RHFC \ Borla CBE \ EcuTek Tuned\ SPL Camber Arms \ Powertrix Coilovers \ Swift Springs \ Avant Garde \ Wicked CAS \ Morimoto XB Halos \ Custom Fenders \ Hotchkis Sways \ NLP Splitter
Silly Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote