View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 03:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Blown32
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z Blk sport 6T
Blown32 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrider View Post
so i was out the other day and in nova ( nothern virginia ) we had a whole night of ice/sleeting rain. my car had been outside for a while and had to drive it home. this morning i checked to see for scratches... and my god there are MILLIONS of those little scratches you see on black cars.. any suggestions on getting them out or anything? need your input thanks !
Get used to it because I have always had black cars and my 370 is black!Without a doubt the worst paint I have ever dealt with and I grew up in body shops.If a bird as much as looks at the car in the summer it immediately eats into the clear coat and can't be removed.Could wet sand but who knows how many coats of this junk is on the car?Need at least 3 to 4 coats of clear on a car to start wet sanding and buffing.If less can burn through the clear coat by sanding or buffing.
Some on here have said what do you expect for a $30 to $40,000 sports car.Well that is pure bull!I've had $20,000Toyota pickups in black and the paint is GREAT even after 10 years!
This clear coat is pure junk!Nissan for sure cut corners here and dropped the ball.
Blown32 is offline   Reply With Quote