View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 06:28 AM   #16 (permalink)
KratikosG37
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 TT Wrapped G37
KratikosG37 will become famous soon enoughKratikosG37 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator44 View Post
I have the AAM TT kit. Absolutely love it! I got in on their R&D program last fall and was one of the first cars they installed their kit on. I was literally days away from purchasing a competitors kit when Max posted the AAM TT thread. After reading through his very informative post and lots of research, I was extremely interested. I loved the fact that they used the highly regarded Borg Warner EFR turbos in the kit. I spoke with Max a few times over the phone clearing up questions I still had and was finally sold. I dropped my car off at AAM and Max gave me a tour of the shop. A very impressive place! I have never seen so many GTRs and Zs in one place. While my car was getting worked on I also had AAM instal Z1 motor / trans mounts, AAM 3" dual exhaust, Defi boost gauge, and Innovate wideband. After a few weeks of anxiously waiting, my car was ready. I picked it up in August of last year and immediately drove the car over 8 hours straight from Maryland back to Ohio. The car ran flawlessly and I didn't experience a single issue. This speaks volumes to the high level of work they do and their attention to detail.

My car has been put away for the winter so I do not have a ton of miles on it, but I have zero concerns driving it. My tune is spot on and the car laid down impressive numbers. The car has tremendous throttle response and the turbos spool insanely fast. Turbo lag is nonexistent with this kit. The EFR 6758 turbos can support 1000+ Hp if you ever plan on pushing them farther.

The biggest thing for me though throughout this process was my dealing with Max and the AAM team. I have never seen a performance shop so driven for customer satisfaction. Every email I sent was promptly answered by Max, Jason, or Patrick. The guys even came in on a Saturday (they're closed) so I could pick up my car because I was unavailable during the week. Their level of professionalism and dedication is what every shop should emulate! When I buy my GTR I know exactly where it will be going.

If you have any specific questions I'd be more than happy to answer them.
Even knowing the AAM is a bad *** kit. You wouldn't think a manifold replacement with GTX turbos wouldn't be more cost efficient?