View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 02:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
earwicker7
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z (maxed out)
earwicker7 is on a distinguished road
Default NST vs Stillen pulleys--which one?

Hey, all. I'm wanting to add some aftermarket pulleys; I'm going to have Tony over at FI install them, and in response to my question as to which is the better pair, Stillen or NST, he said the following:

Quote:
You have to be careful when you change the diameter of a crank pulley. It is good to go overdriven yes, but if other pulley's run off of the same belt then you will most likely have to modify them as well to compensate for the change in the crank pulley. I really do not know about either one of the pulleys you are referring to. I recommend that you ask around on the forums and when you are ready let me know, I can install them for you.
I thought I'd take his advice and let you guys help me make the call. I'm assuming that his point about modifying the other pulleys is taken care of when you order both of them as opposed to just the one?
2009 Magnetic Black 370Z with Touring, Sports and Navigation Packages--Fast Intentions CBE with 12" Resonators/Carbon Fiber Mufflers and LTH--Stillen G3 Cold Air Intakes, Underdrive Pulley and Grounding Kit--Uprev Tune
earwicker7 is offline   Reply With Quote