View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 04:10 PM   #47 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

A decent positive displacement blower itself will fit under the hood... I think where you will run into problems is when you remember the intake manifold, intercooler, and pulley.

The timing chain covers and 60 degree block wont fit the blower at the bottom with the manifold on top like the hellcats or ZR1, so you have to put the blower on the top like the typical mustang setups. By the time the SC pulley clears the timing cover its probably already through the hood, and you probably still dont have enough space for a plenum and intercooler underneath it.

Hopefully next week my 2.9L whipple for my mustang will be here. I will take a look and see if it is even REMOTELY a possibility or just completely no-way. I think I know the answer but I will have the required stuff sitting around to look-see.