View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 02:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
RoshDawg
Track Member

Drives: '13 911 C2S
RoshDawg has a spectacular aura aboutRoshDawg has a spectacular aura about

Oh and comparing the E92 M3 to the 911. I cannot imagine such different approaches to creating such amazing sports cars. They are SOOO different. The 911 is of course far more capable. In fact when I drive it, I honestly sometimes feel like I have some sort of invincibility mode activated. Its that amazing and composed, it will simply do what you ask it and you can just put your faith in the car and it will take you through a magical journey around a turn. The M3 is huge change from this, and frankly a change I wouldn't mind. Of course it cannot substitute the 911, which I plan on keeping forever, unless I can one day get a GT3... But its a huge change of pace. The M4 is more along the same line as the 911, but worse. It would be like a sports team investing all their assets to have two amazing players who have the same position. Better to expand your portfolio and have an entirely different car.

Sometimes I don't want to feel like I have invincibility mode engaged (although the feeling of putting your faith in a car and just holding on - on closed roads - is quite adrenaline inducing). Also, from how I see it, an E92 M3 seems a lot less douchy than a 911. I would never want to show up to work in a 911, but an M3 is a different story.