View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 08:50 AM   #15 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjello View Post
Correct me if I am wrong please, is the traction control brake ( and engine )operated? Could excessive use of the vdc with hard driving effect pad loss? Just a huntch
Doubt it. VDC (or ABLS) does use the brakes, but not like hard braking does. I don't think there's any way that VDC could wear down the rears like that in 20K with the fronts barely worn. I guess maybe if you power slide every turn for 20K miles it might start to show signs of more wear on the rears than fronts. Maybe. Another unlikely possibility is a software/programming malfunction related to VDC.

OP is under warranty, no? I might be tempted to take it to the dealer and say They may be a$$holes about it and say that rotors and pads are wear items that aren't covered, but don't accept that bs. Make sure they know your fronts are fine and there's no explanation for why the rears would wear out so fast.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote