Thread: YzGyz's turn!
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 03:11 AM   #132 (permalink)
YzGyz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 Nismo
YzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond repute

My clutch kit is reinstalled for the 2nd time. The transmission is backup. I don't know why but I had a heck of a time getting the darn transmission support plate to line up and bolt in right. I spent a good 40 minutes on it. GRR!!!!

Anyhoo, I finished up the fuel pump wiring. Too bad I didn't think of tapping the harness from my amp power distributor instead of from the battery itself. The amp were right behind the passenger seat! DOH!! I ran the booster wires along side my amp wire to keep it nice and tidy. As I was removing the plastic trim to run the wires, some of the clips stuck to the car. I used the old fork trick to get them out without damaging them. Once the plastic push clips were removed, I reinstalled them into the plastic trim so they would snap right back in place.

I Also got the turbo manifold in place. I was tired from fighting the stupid transmission and had to stop. Tomorrow will be a good day!

Here are the fuel pump booster wires push through the rubber boot under the hood, near the fuse box.

This is a messy shot of the booster wires under the dash and inside the passenger kick panel.

These panels are just clipped in place. You just pull them off and run the wires with the rest of the OEM wires.

This is the driver side plastic panel near the fuel pump access area. This is where some of the white clips stay lodged in the car side and I had to use the fork trick to take them out.

I used a fork to pry the white clip off. This minimizes damage to the clip.

This is where the booster wires tap into the OEM wires. After I took this pic, I tucked the wires back into the protective sleeve and then taped it up. I used 1 zip ties on both of the booster wires to secure it to the wire sleeve. This was to help prevent the wires from excessive movement and breaking apart.

YzGyz
YzGyz is offline   Reply With Quote