View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 06:16 PM   #82 (permalink)
Japanjay
Track Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370z MB M6
Japanjay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturbo370z View Post
Lmao ok that translates into you don't know what the F u are doing and yoir gonna break your high dollar toy I have white line bushings. I know tony at fast intentions welded something on terrible ones car that broke on launch. Sorry I'm not enuf of a car guy to articulate but I'm always up for learning. Thank you phunk for clarifying about preloading the drive train, I though only autos could do this depending on the tire u are running.

ok now back to talking about how badass bullets car is
He is actually right. I skip the water, square up and reverse a little, the spank the grit and **** off the tires. I try to get second light staged first and as fast as possible, once the other driver gets first stage, ebrake at full yank, start slipping the clutch ever so slightly while doing my best to hold revs at 3.2-5k. When they get second stage, slip even harder, the *** starts to squat really hard at this point, can only do this for a few seconds because it takes a serious toll on the clutch, I have glazed it over a few times already. Lights drop, side step the clutch, feather the throttle a little trying to maintain traction, bang rev limiter at 7.8k while stabbing the clutch and no lift on throttle pedal, snag second. Miss that and just might as well coast to the end.

But yes you can load up the car really well in a manual, but requires a lot of hand and foot work. Also, like he said smaller brakes on the rear, 15-16" wheel, zero to a degree positive camber on the rear, air down tires. I haven't gone as far as smaller brakes, but I am finally going to a 18" wedsport TC105n with MT street slicks in the rear this year. Even dropping the tire pressure on a 19 to around 25psi makes a world of difference. If you kill the motor, not launching at a high enough RPM and try again.
Japanjay is offline   Reply With Quote