View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 05:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cell
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: A Garbage Truck
Cell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Hell no...

That being said, you haven't given any specs other than boost, hp level, and price. For $60K it better have some serious weight reduction, significantly better cooling, and improvements to the clutch system. I'm thinking mainly about the CSC and CMC, but a nicer pedal would be great too (a linear one without a stupid helper spring).

And lets not forget that for that price the interior needs to be pretty damn immaculate. No one's going to pay for a $60K Nissan that doesn't feel like a $60K car on the inside.

Nissan is fuckin stupid, but I don't think they're quite stupid enough to push out a $60K Z. Maybe $50-55K for the absolute top end model with every option available, but the base model is going to have to be under $40K. And maybe even $30K to be competitive depending on which direction they take with it.
I think it has to be a bad source for them to report 60k. Nissan released the Z with the idea of it being an affordable sports car. 60k would bring it out of it being affordable.
Cell is offline   Reply With Quote