View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 04:31 PM   #23 (permalink)
MR.nismo
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2014 Nismo Gun Metal
MR.nismo is a splendid one to beholdMR.nismo is a splendid one to beholdMR.nismo is a splendid one to beholdMR.nismo is a splendid one to beholdMR.nismo is a splendid one to beholdMR.nismo is a splendid one to beholdMR.nismo is a splendid one to behold

So from 11 PSI went to 14.2 PSI. That much boost (relatively) is the cause of the failure? WOW, is incredible as what a few LBS of boost can do.
I had an Evolution a few years ago, and after installing HKS exhaust, air filter and a Profec B controller, the damn wastegate actuator went bad and I could easily hit 25 LBS of boost. My limits were set to 19 since I did not wanted to fry the turbo. Anyhow, I manage to stay away from heavy loads off boost (until wastegate was replaced) thus saving the turbo and possibly the engine.
Since you mentioned the over boost, once you get everything back together take a look at your boost controller. I suggest a manual boost controller over a electronic unit. In some instances you can install a manual controller inside the cockpit so you can adjust on the go. I had two electronic units and both failed at one point or another.
Good luck on the findings and repairs.